April 4, 2010 1:17:35 AM EDT
Trip Report: In a bullet type format. Just some random ramblings with some hilites and low lites.
1. Whenever you organize one of these things a zillion people all say they are coming, wouldn't miss it for the World, be there with bells on, etc etc. And then 4 people show up. Well your loss because except for AJ we had a blast. AJ might have had a good time too but the last hour or so he was on monkey tilt after a long day of beats.
2. Who showed up? AJ of course, Eating an Oreo, Tess and me.
3. AJ and Oreo started on me as soon as I sat down with the old jokes. I use the word jokes but none were funny just lame. Example:
AJ: Toro, how was the Civil War. (Wow clever, you thought that up yourself?)
AJ: How bloody?
Me: You'll find out in a minute if you keep up with these lame old jokes you midget.
4. Tess had a great time on her birthday. She got a little card lucky but the lady knows how to play.
5. Oreo is silent but deadly. The guy is quiet (except to join his buddy AJ in the old joke barrage) maybe even a little shy. But the guy is a rock garden at the tables. If you get involved in a hand with him you better have the goods or he is likely to have you crushed.
6. AJ has a serious case of Asian fever. Loves them Asian girls no matter how skanky. We get this young chinese girl dealer, kind of skanky I thought and AJ is going ga ga. His best line to her.
AJ: How many times a day do you get hit on?
Her: What? (she can't believe he asked that)
AJ: Repeats question
Me: AJ are you fucking shitting me?
AJ: What Toro.
Me: You have no game. That's your best line? How could you ask that?
Me: Good thing you got married or you would never get laid.
7. AJ and Oreo have a sick perverted side. An old lady (about 79ish) is about to join the table. She is a dead ringer for an aged Lucille Ball with a flaming red hideous looking red wig. As she sits down it goes like this.
AJ and Oreo started giggling and both say almost simultaneously "I wonder if the carpet matches the drapes?"
Me: I go ballastic. You two are a couple of sick fucks.
Me: An old lady comes to the table and that's the first thing that pops into your heads?
8. AJ got some pull. He got a comped room. He got them to spread a HORSE game for us. He got them to do a special $60 sng for us.
9. The special $60 sng. We are all playing $4/8 limit HE and Tess is beating our brains in. I've blown my first $100 and am going on 2. So I suggest us all playing a sng. We have to play a 60 because that's all Mr big spender AJ has on him. But to be fair that's what Tess wanted to play too so we go over to the cage and find out that on weekends the lowest they go is 120. She directs us to the shift supervisor.
AJ: Can we get you to spread a $60 sng for us?
SS: Opens mouth but can't get a word out.
Tess: What's wrong with you people, the customers want a 60 sng and you won't do it, blah blah and she really laces into the guy.
Me: Tess, he didn't say no yet.
Me: I'm going back to the 4/8 let me know how it works out. (I don't know what AJ said or maybe the guy was afraid of Tess but we got our sng).
10. AJ is a little frugal, shall we say. When we had decided we were going to try and do a 60 sng the convo went like this.
AJ: Hmmm, I wonder what the structure is like in the 60 sng.
AJ: Because, it's probably a terrible structure.
Me (exploding): AJ wtf do you care about the structure for? You are the about to be a millionaire from PN and you're worried about the structure, we're here to have fun and you're worried about the structure???
AJ: (sheepishly) You're right Toro.
11. AJ immediately takes a bad beat in the sng and is short stack. I jokingly ask if he wants a last longer and 4 of us do one. Never do this, it is bad karma, I am the first one out.
12. AJ tilt hands:
a) AJ has TT and raises pre, Lucille Ball and BB both come along. Flop comes with a 2. Turn is a 2 and they chop AJ's pot as they both had a 2. Lucille played 92s utg, AJ went monkey bat shit.
b) My BB and AJ tells me he is raising no matter what and I say I'm defending. True to his word he raises. A couple come along and I have 44 and call. Flop 433. I check, AJ bets and I CR and we cap pre. AJ gets scared of the 3 I guess and just calls me down the rest of hand. After I table he does a Hellmuth run to the other side of the room. Oh, he had KK, big deal.
c) I can't remember the rest of his beats, let him tell them but they were numerous and many.
Well, as usual, I've gone overboard on AJ but he is really a cool dude and I had a blast and want to thank him for organizing the whole thing. Next time people: SHOW UP!