1. First I'd pay the person who staked me their cut. (I'm not going to pay 10k to battle 8,000 people). So that leaves me about 4 million.
2. Then pay the taxes which then leaves me about 2 million.
So the real question for me would be: "What would you do with 2 million?"
1. Pay off bills -- but since I don't have very many, then that's not a bad hit.
2. Maybe give my Dad and Sis a bonus (no more than 50k a peice) I am frugal, but want to help out some.
That leaves me about 1.9 million.
3. Pay off Lori's house -- another 60k
Down to 1.3 million.
4. See what free-rolls sponsers will give me to tour being the WSOP Main event Champ. Do that for the first year. You basically only get one year in the spotlight until they move on to the next champ. Joe Cada who?
5. After that, defend my title and most likely bust out early.
So back to my 1.3 million.
6. Travel a bit, maybe even rent a place in Vegas (which is real cheap these days because the housing market sucks there) estimated cost: 100k
Down to 1.2 million
So is 1.2 million left life-changing? not really, but it would be a fun first year. After that, I'd have to be very smart with it, and come back to reality.
--on a horse.
Oh yeah, and the player that staked Ronin..... that was me. He won it the year after, so that's another $4M in the bank!! lol